At ICAN, we utilize an Independent Practice Association (IPA) for many of our services and programs.
The IPA is a network of contracted partner agencies who provide supportive services, including (but not limited to) behavior management, clinical services, substance abuse, mentoring and peer supports to the community. These services are provided on a fee-for-service basis through contracts developed between the IPA and ICAN.
Lolita J. Oguguo – Provider Spotlight
June 2021 Provider Spotlight
She shares a typical day in the life as “flexible” - like one big rubber band. She will attend appointments with clients, prep for court and even help get support for legal issues, providing support and encouragement every step of the way. She helps clients cope, keep their composure when needed and also helps them strive for inner peace and to practice self care. She always reminds them that they’re self sufficient and independent and adds that “we all need reminders about that every now and then.”
She has been in placement and group homes herself and struggled with substance abuse, so she can relate first hand to her clients situations. That shared lived experience helps her reach them as a peer and builds trust with them.
The most rewarding part about her job is "building people” and helping them to grow, and to set and meet goals. She also loves being the structure or the “bridge” for people between their old life and what they want their new life to look and feel like for themselves and their families.
Lolita is a woman of faith and her mantra is “be thankful”.
Fun facts about Lolita
- She has six kids and 15 grandkids that range from newborn to 16 years old
- She married her husband four years ago in Nigeria, Africa
- Singing gospel music is a passion and she is very crafty (“I’m an embellisher!”)
- She also owns a personal business, Gifts of Divine Design on James Street where she sells her creations and also runs recovery groups, spiritual growth and development and a woman’s work group. Those community outreach efforts follow an overall objective of "Outreaching In”.
- She partners as a facilitator in Ministry of Times of Refreshing (a spiritual spa) at the same location on Jame Street
Definition of Services
Throughout the scope of our services and programs that we offer and describe on this website, deeper definitions and explanations are required in some cases.
Join the IPA
Any Agencies, Municipalities, Private Practices, School Districts or Managed Care Organizations interested in utilizing our services provided through our IPA for their consumer needs should fill out and submit the form below, or contact: Director of IPA Operations Matt Buono, (315) 731-2641, and IPA Operations Manager, Geoff Stewart, (315) 731-2623. Individuals, agencies and private practices can also join our IPA as a provider of services!