Clinical Care Coordinator (Utica City School District)
School Based Services
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill multiple Clinical Care Coordinator positions, within the Utica City School District. (Click here for program information)
The Clinical Care Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of quality psycho-social care to students served in a school setting. This position works with ICAN and the Utica City School District staff to ensure that overall needs of the student client are met. Will complete comprehensive assessments and implement treatment plan to address the social, emotional and educational needs of students in pursuit of academic success. The Coordinator will promote the philosophy and mission of the agency by performing the following duties.
Annual Salary: $60,000.
35-hour workweek, Monday - Friday (hours following the school schedule)
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with school personnel and mental health professionals to assure that the youth’s mental health needs are considered in academic planning.*
- Provides supportive consultation services to school personnel as needed, including, classroom observation, peer mediation, school wide events, etc.*
- Conducts outreach to engage students and assist families with an understanding of program philosophy and policies.*
- Links clients and their families to appropriate resources and services in a timely and coordinated manner.*
- Assists the client and family with the development, implementation and monitoring of their individualized plan of care and schedules routine meetings to review, revise and discuss such plans.*
- Provides short term counseling to youth and families.*
- Completes a psychosocial assessment of identified student and family to include treatment recommendations and service identification.*
- Completes all required documentation in a comprehensive and timely manner as required by ICAN and UCSD.*
- Provides trainings to school personnel, parents, and community members on children’s mental health to raise awareness about intervention and treatment.*
- Collaborates with existing educational personnel in student’s home district (i.e. prevention workers, social workers, guidance counselors) to plan for timely return to district.*
- Maintains statistics for analysis and reporting purposes.*
- Other duties may be assigned, on an as-needed basis.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or related field required.
- NYS Professional License in area of study preferred or must be license eligible upon hire.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Clinician preferred.
- Candidates must have thorough knowledge of services provided, well developed advocacy skills, and a knowledge and understanding of educational supports.
- Experience working with students with severe emotional and behavioral problems required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance Buy Back
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards