Community Based Support Specialist
Child and Family Treatment and Support Services (CFTSS)
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill a Full-Time Community Based Support Specialist position, in our CFTSS Program. (Click here for program information)
The Community Based Support Specialist works as part of a multidisciplinary team and provides direct services to children and families engaged by ICAN. The wraparound service provider makes service decisions in a variety of settings including biological, pre-adoptive, and/or foster homes, schools, and communities to meet the needs and preferences of the children and families. They are expected to promote the philosophy and mission of the agency through the following (but not limited to) roles:
● Family Skills Training
● Curfew Checks
● Rise and Shine Services
● Crisis Avoidance
● Psychosocial Rehabilitation
● Rehabilitative Psychoeducation
● Strength Based Service Planning
● Daily Living Skills/Community Integration Treatment
Annual Salary: $40,000, Non-Exempt, paid at an hourly rate.
35-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate skills that promote a safe physical and emotional environment for the participant within the context of their living environment and community.
- Successfully complete any/all required trainings (general orientation and service specific) within established timeframes.
- Adhere to all agency policies including confidentiality, attendance, and cultural sensitivity.
- Provide any/all services assigned in the active service plan. Including completion of annual and ongoing functional assessments.
- Attend any/all scheduled team meetings with the Participant and providers and/or with any other individuals involved in the planning and care.
- Remain in contact with participant, natural support and service coordinator and other providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Act as a liaison between client and family, agency personnel and other service providers as necessary and appropriate.
- Participate in the agency’s utilization review, incident reporting and quality improvement program as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
- Work directly with participants to provide assistance with learning skills such as budgeting, grocery shopping, home maintenance, pre-vocational training, cognitive remediation, problem solving, and development of functional compensation strategies, medic
- Work flexible hours as dictated by service need including working weekends, evenings, and split shifts as required.
- Travel is required in order to provide services in multiple settings including, but not limited to family homes, local schools, community programs, and places of employment.
- Education and experience will establish which services are able to be provided.
- Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field and four years relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Human Services or related field required.
- Additional professional development in specialty areas helpful. Ability to adjust to children, staff, and program needs.
- Experience working with children with severe emotional and behavioral problems required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 4-Day Workweek (optional)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance Buy Back
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards