Elevate Sports Team Member (Part-Time)
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to multiple Part-Time Sports Team Member positions at our Elevate CNY facility in Westmoreland, NY.
The Sports Team Member is a part-time, entry level position the provides skilled duties associated with the operation and maintenance of athletic fields and facilities, field preparation and coordination of activities. They are responsible for being part of a team that will work to address the social, emotional and behavioral health needs of ICAN clients in pursuit of true wraparound supports. They will promote the philosophy and mission of the agency by performing the following duties.
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares initial layout or set-up of athletic fields and maintains fields according to specifications of scheduled events, including football, baseball, softball, soccer, lacrosse, etc.
- Performs daily field preparation for field activities, litter cleanup, restroom cleanup, facility cleaning and transporting and proper storage of equipment.
- Monitors grounds, facilities, and buildings on a daily basis, looking for safety concerns and maintenance needs. Completes damage report and notifies supervisor of needed repairs.
- Assists ICAN team members to help link clients and their families to appropriate resources and services in a timely and coordinated manner both within the facility and within the agency
- Completes all required documentation in a comprehensive and timely manner as required by ICAN.
- Maintain statistics for analysis and reporting purposes.
- Assists with additional duties as required by the program, as needed.
- Able to book and maintain rentals, and other bookings.
- Opening and closing of the facility.
- Additional duties may be assigned, on an as-needed basis.
- Shift-This is a part-time, non-exempt position; will include evening and/or weekend hours to meet the needs of programming and operations.
- There is no educational requirement for this position. Candidates must have strong attention to detail, excellent time management skills, a thorough knowledge of services provided, well developed advocacy skills, and a knowledge and understanding of sports and recreational programming.
- Experience working with clients with severe emotional and behavioral problems preferred, but not required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- 401K Retirement Plan
- NYS Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards
- Voluntary Benefits