Healthy Families Resource and Support Specialist
Healthy Families of Oneida County
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with an emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill a Full-Time Resource and Support Specialist, within the Healthy Families Oneida County Program (click here for Program information.)
A Healthy Families Resource and Support Specialist identifies, recruits and interviews families to assess health and social service needs of families and children to determine their level of risk. Conducts outreach and in-home recruitment, in addition to home visiting activities for expecting and new parents. The Healthy Families Resource and Support Specialist does so by performing the following duties and responsibilities.
Annual Salary: $40,000, Non-Exempt, paid at an hourly rate.
35-hour workweek, Monday - Friday
*Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 22, 2023*
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The HF Resource and Support Specialist identifies, recruits and interviews families in their home to determine level of risk, obtaining informed consent from the family and referring families to appropriate resources (including home visiting services).
- Provides interventions/referrals that are family centered and strength based directed at establishing a trusting relationship.
- Maintains a caseload and conduct regular home visits with families to assist them in strengthening their parent-child relationship.
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment, improving the family support system and increasing the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children.
- Assures that all records are accurate and up-to-date. HFRSS will utilize a computer and other office equipment to gather, record, retrieve, collate, copy, and disseminate information.
- Attends center meetings, case reviews, staff meetings, parent meetings, in-services, tabling events, supervisions, and other meetings/trainings as directed.
- Responsible for assisting the family in establishing goals and a plan for accomplishment of these goals.
- Responsible for assessing realistic short term and long-term goals for normal growth and development of target children.
- Responsible for working flexible hours to meet the needs of working families and availability for emergency situations.
- Establishes and maintains personal and programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
- Offers strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality including value system and behavior norms.
- Maintains confidentiality of all acquired information.
- Additional duties may be assigned, on an as needed basis.
- A high school diploma/GED with experience working with, or assisting, at-risk children and families in a community setting.
- Knowledge of infant and child development is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation is required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 4-Day Workweek (optional)
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance Buy Back
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards