Registered Nurse (Part-Time)
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill a Part-Time Registered Nurse (RN) position.
As a key member of the agency’s healthcare team, the RN plays a critical role in delivering exceptional care and support to individuals of all ages struggling with mental health challenges. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a significant impact in the well-being of individuals in our community. This position promotes the philosophy and mission of the agency by performing the following duties.
The hourly rate generally ranges between $37.00/hour and $40.00/hour. This range is an estimate based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Clinical Assessment and Care: Develops, implements, and evaluates individualized care plans. Administration of medications as assigned, including Injectable Psychotropic Medication. Monitors and documents patient progress and response to treatment.
- Collaborative Care: Works closely with psychiatrists, social workers, and other healthcare professionals to provide integrated care. Participates in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings to review and adjust care plans.
- Patient and Family Education: Educates patients and their families about mental health conditions, treatment options, and self-care strategies.
- Crisis Intervention: Provides immediate assistance during crisis situations, including de-escalation and support. Follows established protocols for managing psychiatric emergencies.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintains accurate and up-to-date electronic health records (EHR). Prepares and submits reports as required by regulatory agencies and funding sources.
- Compliance and Quality Assurance: Adheres to all relevant healthcare laws, regulations, and ethical standards. Participates in quality improvement and performance evaluation activities.
- Professional Development: Stays current with advancements in psychiatric nursing and mental health care through ongoing education and training.
- Performs other duties as needed and as assigned.
- Licensed Registered Nurse, required.
- Must have thorough knowledge of services provided, well developed advocacy skills, and a knowledge and understanding of psychiatric supports.
- 1-3 years of experience working with youth with severe emotional and behavioral health challenges required.
- Previous experience in psychiatric nursing or mental health settings strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Compassion and empathy for individuals experiencing mental health challenges.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- CPR and First Aid certification.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- 401K Retirement Plan
- NYS Paid Sick Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards
- Voluntary Benefits