Student Engagement Specialist (Utica City School District)
School Based Services
Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN), a Community-based Wraparound provider of Social and Mental Health services with emphasis on treating the client in a family context, is currently seeking innovative and experienced applicants to fill a Full-Time Student Engagement Specialist position, within the Utica City School District. (Click here for program information)
The Student Engagement Specialist will support students in the Utica City School District by providing the facilitation and coordination of individualized wraparound services. They will promote the philosophy and mission of the agency by performing the following duties.
The annual salary generally ranges between $42,000-$45,000. This range is an estimate based on an applicant’s skills and experience.
Please make sure to apply for this role - even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. We welcome your application and would, in particular, like to know what about the role and our organization interested you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the identification, enrollment and monitoring of students in need of services.
- Provide Tier 2 Interventions and supports to identified students.
- Monitors, analyzes, and collaborates with teachers, therapists, other mental health staff and students in developing, implementing and monitoring individual student academic and behavioral progress and goals for identified students.
- Works to coordinate and monitor ICAN Services for identified UCSD students in need.
- Assists in the design, coordination, and implementation of groups with identified students.
- Serve as a liaison between families of identified youth and school officials to better engage them in their child’s educational process.
- Collaborate with other ICAN programs and services that might benefit UCSD students.
- Assist in the design, implementation, oversight and delivery of various truancy initiatives to ensure students remain engaged in their educational process.
- Directs students to use positive behaviors for success in the classroom and with diverse teaching styles.
- Support various UCSD initiatives by working to recruit and retain students in those programs.
- Adheres to best practices in professional ethics and boundaries.
- Evaluates crisis situations and escalated behaviors and provide appropriate interventions and support.
- Additional duties may be assigned, on an as-needed basis.
- Associates Degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field and four years relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- At least two years relevant experience in traditional and non-traditional youth service setting required.
- Additional professional development in specialty areas helpful.
- Ability to adjust to student, staff, and program needs.
- Experience working with students with severe emotional and behavioral problems required.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and list of professional references at our ICAN Career Center.ICAN is an equal opportunity employer.Apply Now
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation Time
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Insurance Buy Back
- Employee Wellness Benefit
- Longevity Awards