The rain made it even more exciting! On Tuesday morning we had our official groundbreaking ceremony for our new Family Resource Center and Children's Museum. Thank you to our dedicated partners, supporters and community leaders for joining us!
A hub for learning, wellness, connectedness and fun, this will be the first time ever that a children’s museum is co-located and partnered with a human services non-profit. We couldn't be more proud to bring this project to the Parkway District. It will be a destination for children and families from near and far!
In photo from left to right:
• Utica Children's Museum Director Donna Migliaccio
• City of Utica Third Ward Councilperson Celeste Friend
• New York State Senator Joe Griffo
• New York State Assemblywoman Marianne Buttenschon
• Oneida County Youth Bureau Director Kevin Green on behalf of Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente
• First Source Federal Credit Union President Tom Neumann
• Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri
• ICAN CEO/Executive Director Steven Bulger
• Utica Children's Museum Board Member Deborah Palmer
• ICAN Capital Campaign Co-Chair Kelly Parsons
• First Source Federal Credit Union Chief Development Officer and ICAN Board President Michael Parsons
• The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties Trustee Dr. Cheryl Minor
• The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties President/CEO Alicia Dicks
• M&T Bank Charitable and Community Relations Manager Alissa Viti
• M&T Bank Assistant Vice President Hilarie Pirger
• CSArch Building Designer Alexandra Garrity
• Gaetano Construction Vice President of Pre-Construction Anthony Obernesser
And a BIG thank you to our young groundbreakers, Ella, Jerry, Jameson, Trinitty, Ethan and Nico!!!